Smarter people than me can't figure out my life. I mean that. However, it's always good for a laugh. There's a lot going on that I don't blog about, mostly out of respect for the privacy of the people involved. There was a time that I didn't care all that much about that. You live and learn, though. Besides I'm finding that it's a small world, and mine gets smaller and smaller every day. I don't put a lot of stock into the things I see, but often this or that will be like a little clue that something odd is going on. The car with Indiana plates I saw yesterday at the light on 36th would be one of those things. There are people from all over in Ogden. Texas, Missouri, Montana, Idaho, and the list goes on and on. There are lots and lots of people from Oregon here. And yesterday there was someone from Indiana in my neighborhood the same time I was going to work. It doesn't mean anything. It wasn't a "sign". I'm j...
I'm kind of hesitant to tell this week's stories. OK, last week's stories. But sometimes the stories in my life write themselves, so here is just a bit of what happened last week. I used to have a collection of shot glasses that Wendi gave me when she came out here all those years ago. I put them away at Christmas and take them out afterward, mostly just to take up space in the china hutch that runs along the wall of my dining room. By wall, I mean about 20 feet of china hutch shelves. It's a built in thing. I was dusting them the other day and a thought popped into my head: "I really should get rid of these." I don't know why. They're just there. But the thought was there enough that I actually thought about putting them away in a closet. A few days later, a friend on Facebook who is a childhood friend of my sister, posted the oddest thing on said Facebook: She was looking for some state shot glasses. Ask, and ye sha...
Sometimes I wonder. Today's wonderment comes from yesterday's post and has to do with the crux of why I don't write as much as I used to about the things that go on in my life. Quite frankly, I wonder if I should. The two stories I told really happened. I didn't make up, nor embellish a word of it. If anything, I left a couple of the details out; things that happened that I figured were just better left between me and the Lord. But I wonder in hindsight if it weren't better to leave the whole thing that way. God does some and allows some things in my life that I just don't understand and sometimes I'm torn between telling them and keeping them silent. If all you read yesterday was some crazy story about a pizza then it was better left unsaid. If you, on the other hand, saw how God appoints a task, leads, or in my case, prods, you into doing that task; how when a door closes, God finds a way to open it again (for that you'll just have to tak...
Comments
Post a Comment